War of Legends is a multiplayer adventure, so you are going to meet a lot of new people when playing. Please remember, however, that you DO NOT know any of these people in real life. This is not to say that they are not as nice in real life as they act in the game - they most likely are - but it's important and sensible to keep a safe distance from your fellow War of Legends players in real life.
For this reason, we have put together some helpful hints so you can be safe and have fun in War of Legends.
1. DO NOT tell other players personal information. Not even if they claim to be Jagex staff!
Don't tell ANYONE your real name, email address, home address, messenger handle or phone number. Use your War of Legends in-game friends list to chat and interact with the other players safely.
2. If someone is making you feel uncomfortable then you should not attempt to carry on a conversation with this person.
Please see our Reporting Abuse guide for details on both how to ignore these players and reporting them, should they insult you directly.
3. Chatting of a sexual nature (aka cybering) is strictly forbidden in War of Legends and should someone approach you in-game with this type of chat, please follow the instructions in our Reporting Abuse guide and report the player to us.
4. War of Legends is an ONLINE game. There is no need to meet anyone from the game in real life. Remember, you only have the other player's word that they are who they say they are. In addition, for our players' safety, it is against the rules to ask for or give out personal information, so please do not do so. For further information about this policy, please read the Rules of Conduct.
If you decide against this and do plan to meet a War of Legends player in real life, please inform someone that you trust about what you are doing and have them accompany you to the meeting. DO NOT go alone.
5. We advise our younger players to keep your parents or guardians informed of how your game is going. It would be a good idea to introduce parents/guardians to the game and encourage them to check on you regularly to ensure that your game remains problem-free.
6. For serious cases related to Child Protection, please report the incident to the following authorities:
|USA||The Cyber Tipline|
|Europe||Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre (CEOP)|
|Australia||Virtual Global Taskforce (VGT)|
For serious cases in the UK contact your local police force via their station number. Find more information here: http://www.police.uk. Alternatively, contact the Social Services (you can find their number in the phone book).
Or, if you are outside the United Kingdom or the United States, we suggest you contact your local law enforcement agency.
For further information and advice on how to chat safely online, please see the following sites:
|Jugendschutz im Internet (German)||http://www.jugendschutz.net/|
|Virtual Global Taskforce||http://www.virtualglobaltaskforce.com|
|Get Net Wise||http://www.getnetwise.org|
|Think You Know||http://www.thinkyouknow.co.uk|
7. If you are a Law Enforcement agency or officer with a request for cooperation or information, please go to our corporate site.
8. If you are a parent seeking more information about War of Legends and wish to view our Parents' Guide, please go to our corporate site.Back to Top